Monday, June 17, 2013

Cannes Stripped Bare - Day 1

So here I am in the SOF, where many delegates are writing informative blog posts about the state of our industry. I thought about doing that too. Then I thought 'nah'.

Welcome to 'the other side of Cannes' - guaranteed no coverage at all of jury rooms, seminars, or award shows.


Those of you who are stuck back at the office, working, may be feeling ball-shrinkingly jealous of the glamour we delegates get to experience.

And so you should!

Check out my hotel, for example.

 

Situated on an award-winning industrial estate just outside Cannes, it's right across the street from one of the region's most prestigious tile manufacturers.

A


And a bus-wash.

But this is no ordinary bus-washing facility. That's a Mistral XB2 right there. State-of-the-art stuff.


Now let me take you inside the hotel.

Thirsty? Not a problem. Simply select a beverage from the minibar.


This place has every amenity.

Be sure to check back tomorrow, for my first party report!


5 comments:

JD said...

This is pretty excellent Veksner.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this :)

PhilW said...


Ha! Love it. What a relief from all the other commentators grasping for insight an meaning. Chapeau monsieur!

Anonymous said...

I'm French, and I love it!!! Now that's reporting!!

George said...

Last year I managed to book an apartment with 2 bedrooms that could sleep 4 'comfortably'. This turned out to be something of an untruth. The bunk room was the size of a bunk bed and had no windows. So glamorous! Luckily the guys I was with had a sense of humour.

I've gone on blind faith again this year - a 'surprisingly spacious' 1 bed and studio apartment next door to each other. I'm terrified.

See you there.